Friday, January 23, 2009

Student Journalism 2.0

I Photoshopped my Old Dominion University Press Pass so I can gather information from a real-time "on-the-go," student media perspective. I am the resident geek and will attempt to make an awareness of the certain technological culture that comes with new media and my writing will cover technological innovations that can help Old Dominion University students stay connected. I will also incorporate Old Dominion University campus events and news will come in as little or as often as there is something to talk about and will be delivered to you in a lovely, Laurynized fashion. Think of it as The View, but smarter with a realistic feminine geek chick edge.

I am a graduate of Tidewater Community college where I accomplished an A.A.S. in Information Technology with an emphasis in Web Design. Recently, I started a freelance business venture where I construct websites for local entrepreneurs. My personal blog is currently moving domains, but you can currently find it at laur[y]nomaly.net.

My technical expertise landed me a local job performing technical support for a large camera corporation, which catalyzed my passion for film and digital photography. I enjoy photography of all kinds--studio/portrait photography, events, sports, and news media. I shoot with Canon equipment and print with Canon colors.

I am continuing my education at Old Dominion University and working on a Bachelor's of Science in Communications. I will have to wait until my two-year-old son is older to run my own new media publication, but I plan on establishing experience at a reputable publication until then.

I am fascinated by movies, technology, [apple] computers, geek culture, video games, photography, intellectual conversations, classical literature, politics, unique areas of feminism, and satirical approaches to mass communication.

Stay tuned for more awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment