Thursday, April 9, 2009

Technology solutions for life's everyday problems

In light of the country's economic situation, Gizmodo added a section to their daily posting "Gadget Deals of the Day" called "Hobomodo" which scopes out the best freebies on the Internet. These "freebies" typically come at the cost of giving up some personal information and at least six weeks of spammail (1 week of TONS of spam before you get tired of it and MAKE time to hit the unsubscribe site and 5 weeks before they actually remove you from it.) Free stuff listed in the Hobomodo section can be really useful--like the free PC Maintenance software downloads and the free DVDs--these are such a deal that anyone would be willing to trade his or her identity for! Other stuff--like free MP3 downloads and health and beautycare-- samples are just good items to have around.

So, while my roommate and I are having our falling out, I can only think of one good thing to give as a going away present--the last three months of hobomodo items. They started arriving the other day--which consequently marks T-minus 29 days until he moves out. My transitioning-into-former-roommate received his Growing Up Healthy Juicy Juice pamphlet and Sippy Cup the other day:



He left it out on the coffee table and my two-year old found it, which prompted me to explain that my roommate, "has now grown up into a big boy and it is his turn to use a sippy cup." Out of the kindness of his heart, my two-year-old offered to show him how to use the sippy cup and "when [my roommmate] is big, I can show him how to use the potty."

In the next few day, my roommate will also be receiving the following hobomodo items:

One-year subscription to American Cheerleader
Ethnic Hair Shampoo
Playtex Tampons
Free Sample of Caress Body Wash
A sample of Condoms
Kotex sanitary napkins

and a slew of other items that have been featured recently on Gizmodo's Hobomodo.

This is Laurynomaly saying farewell to my roommate!

Source: Dealzmodo

No comments:

Post a Comment